No fewer than 15 persons are feared dead and 55 others sustained injuries in a Sunday night attack by Boko Haram insurgents at Bale community in the outskirts of Maiduguri. The at echoes from sporadic gunshots and multiple explosions which…
Category: News
SECOND BATCH OF ALLEGED LOOTERS AND THE AMOUNT ALLEGEDLY EMBEZZLED
The Nigerian government has released more names of alleged looters of the treasury during the Goodluck Jonathan administration. The Minister of Information, Lai Mohammed, in a statement also criticised the opposition PDP for its reaction to the first names of…
OLUWO ADOPTS EMIR OF YORUBA LAND TITLE
The Oluwo of Iwo land, Abdulrasheed Akanbi, has defended his adoption of the Emir of Yoruba land title, saying it was a “metaphor” of the disunity among traditional rulers in Yoruba land. The Oluwo on Saturday formally adopted the title…
NEWLY APPOINTED KOGI CP ASSUMES DUTY
The newly appointed commissioner of Police, for Kogi state police command, CP Esa Sunday Ogbu formerly assumed duty on Friday at the Police headquarters in Lokoja. This confirmation was made by the Force police Public Relations Officer, ACP Jimoh Moshood…
LIBYAN RETURNEES PLACED ON 3 MONTHS SALARY BY OBA OF BENIN
Libyan returnees have been placed on three months salaries by the Oba of Benin, Oba Ewuare II, who expressed disappointment over the mentality of the Nigerian youth, with the quest to make quick money without legitimate means. Apart from the salaries,…
EASTER: JONATHAN WRITES GOODWILL MESSAGE TO NIGERIANS
Goodluck Jonathan, former Nigeria president, on Friday encouraged Nigerians not to give up on the country despite its present challenges. In an Easter message posted on his official Facebook page, Jonathan said he still expects Nigeria to overcome its challenges…
KOGI: POLICE REARRESTS SUSPECTS WHO ESCAPED FROM CUSTODY
The Kogi state police command has confirmed the re-arrest of three out of the six suspects involved in the arms case against Senator Dino Melaye who escaped from custody on Wednesday. The outgoing state commissioner of police, Ali Janga, who…
DEMOLISHMENT: FAYOSE COMPENSATES EKITI PEOPLE
The Ekiti state government said it has paid N400 million as compensation to people whose houses were demolished so far in the ongoing demolitionexercise in the state.The state commissioner for lands, housing and urban development, Tayelolu Otitoju, disclosed this during…
DAPCHI: SHARIBU WILL BE RELEASED- SEN. BUKAR
Senator representing Yobe East, Bukar Ibrahim yesterday said that very serious negotiations were currently ongoing to ensure the release of Leah Sharibu, the only student of Government Girls Science and Technical College, Dapchi, Yobe State, still in the custody of…
EDO APC YOUTH LEADER SHOT DEAD BY ROBBERS – OBASEKI REACTS
The Governor of Edo State, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, has expressed shock at the news of the brutal killing of the All Progressives Congress (APC) youth leader in Etsako West Local Government Area of the state, Mr. Samson Sedi, who was…